Sharing my ink sample book with you guys!
I bought a book of Memnosyne word cards from Jetpens.com a while ago and I had no idea what to do with them (I just bought them for the Greek name - I’m a sucker for Greek). The paper was so thick and textured when I got it I figured it would be great for a sample book, and it is!
I have a swab of all the inks I own, including ALL my Goulet samples. I think the number’s somewhere in the thirties. I have an ink problem. It’s pretty easy and fun to do - the cards come out of that metal ring nicely, then you just take a q-tip and make a swab of the ink. Then I write with my dip pen so I can change inks quickly. Make sure you clean your pen thoroughly between samples!
One idea that I wish I’d had before doing this was to use a stencil. I saw someone on Tumblr use a bird stencil for their swabs and I thought that was adorable. But I think this shows the shading a bit better, so I’m pretty good with that. :)
- princesslastelle likes this
- mstrainman reblogged this from nooknerd and added:
- stardustmachine likes this
- nooknerd reblogged this from bottles-of-ink and added:
- delikposet likes this
- keystrokestowardmydream likes this
- noelanthony likes this
- owls-owls-owls likes this
- iheartrazumikhin likes this
- arliss reblogged this from bottles-of-ink and added:
- arliss likes this
- refgent likes this
- customsofficials likes this
- neversonbabies likes this
- fourminustwoeyes likes this
- life-lurkr likes this
- j-sizzzzles likes this
- rachelmasseyart likes this
- incrediblecurls likes this
- bottles-of-ink posted this